This directory contains library extensions for various purposes
contributed by members of the IF community
- a subdirectory with the Adaptive Hints library
by Mike Phillips
- adname.h [15-Dec-1995]
- Adname Library release 1, by Andrew Clover.
Provides adnames, i.e. words that refer to an object but
don't imply it.
- attrtest.h [29-Aug-1996]
- AttrTest release 2, by Julian Arnold.
Provides a new debugging verb which allows you to list or
change the attributes of any object in your game whilst
you play it.
- daemons.h [05-Oct-1995]
- Priority Daemons Library by Andrew Plotkin, release 1.
Support for daemons that execute in a determined order.
- date.h [21-Jun-1996]
- An Inform 5.5 library extension to print the date.
Recognises 30 and 31 day months and leap years.
Written by L. Ross Raszewski.
- floating_contents.h [09-Oct-1995]
- Floating Contents Library by Julian Arnold, release 2.
A new system for handling floating objects in Inform;
either complements or replaces `found_in'.
- follower.h [15-Dec-1995]
- Follower Library release 3,
by Gareth Rees and Andrew Clover.
Support for creatures that can be followed by the player.
- footnote.h [20-Jul-1996]
- An Inform Library extension for Inform 5.5 or greater
to produce sequentially numbered footnotes, by
L. Ross Raszewski
- hints.h [20-Jul-1996]
- Invisiclues-style Help menu "tool kit" for Inform 5.5
or later by L. Ross Raszewski
- locktest.h [20-Jul-1996]
- An Inform library to choose default keys to open locks,
by L. Ross Raszewski
- mapdemo.inf [16-Aug-1998]
- A demonstration of an auto-mapping implementation
for Inform 5.5, by Nathan Eady
- mapdemo.z5 [18-Jul-1998]
- A compiled version of mapdemo.inf
- newlock.h [20-Jul-1996]
- A replacement for Lock and Unlock to implement multiple
keys and key-side definition, by L. Ross Raszewski
- NewMenu.h [31-Jan-1996]
- A replacement for the default menu code in Inform,
particularly for the 5/12 version of the libraries,
by Mike Phillips.
[file is linked to
- ordinal.h [21-Jun-1996]
- An Inform 5.5 library extension to print an
ordinal number ("first", "second", etc.)
Written by L. Ross Raszewski.
- physics.h [04-Jan-1996]
- A complex weight/size system to replace the 'capacity'
property, version 1.1, by Sam Hulick.
- pluralobj.h [15-Dec-1995]
- Plural Objects Library release 2, by Andrew Clover.
Changes to the library messages to make them plural-aware
and use plural forms appropriately.
- scenery.tar.Z [07-Mar-1996]
- Scenery non-objects to provide verbose descriptions,
by Joe Mason, 9/95. Includable header in two parts,
reworked from Richard Barnett's "A Scenic View" example
(release 1; release 2 is now available as
- senses.h [15-Sep-1996]
- An Inform library to handle sensory perception,
by L. Ross Raszewski. Supports recursive senses, sense
muting, invisible objects, and sense-specific opacity.
- showobj.h [08-Nov-1995]
- Show Objects Library by David Wagner,
version 3 (07nov95) for library 5/12.
Debugging tool that reconstructs an object's definition
as it would appear in the Inform source code.
- smartcantgo.h [08-Nov-1995]
- Smart "Can't Go" Library by David Wagner,
version 3 (08nov95).
A routine that lists the exits of rooms instead of just
"You can't go that way.".
- timewait.h [15-Dec-1995]
- Time/Wait Library release 3, by Andrew Clover.
Support for parsing times of day and "wait until three
- use.h [21-Jun-1996]
- An Inform 5.5 library extension to add a handy
"use" verb. Written by L. Ross Raszewski.
- waittime.h [21-Jun-1996]
- An Inform library to provide understanding of
English time strings, to give an enhanced "wait"
command. Written by L. Ross Raszewski.
- whatis.h [20-Jul-1996]
- An improvement upon "What is" commands such as the
Zork-like "What is a Grue" and "Who am I", by
By L. Ross Raszewski