You pick up the envelope from Eagle61, and you find a letter. It reads as follows:
Dear finder of this letter,
The reels this box once contained are currently being held by the media manipulation club known as the Plexville Eagles. In order to get your reels back, you must do the following:
If you can successfully answer all these questions, you will save all the audio and video of Plexville's history from destruction.
- Find the number that the letters of the word "love" in a base 36 number system (zero through nine, A through Z) would make in the decimal (regular base 10) system.
- Find the binary (base 2) version of the decimal number 61.
- Find the number that the letters of the word "life" in a base 36 system would make in the decimal system.
- Tell us what year the first moon landing happened.
- Tell us what year the first annual Interactive Fiction Competition (the game competition on ifcomp.org) was held.
- Tell us what year The Flintstones debuted on ABC.
- Tell us the hexadecimal (base 16, zero through nine, A through F) code for the decimal number 255.
- Tell us what year The Beatles released their first single, Love Me Do.
The mysterious Plexville Eagles agent Eagle61